San Diego Kayaker

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Friday-Shelter Island to Anthony's

Decided to take advantage of my day off and hit the water. I am thinking about the Bay to Bay race, so I decided to do part of the course. I had to pick up the twins from preshool, so I could not do the full course. The bay was quiet, the USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74) was steaming (nuking?) back to North Island as I was unloading. during the transit to Anthony's two cruisers also came in. I did not see their hull numbers. Made the dock at Anthony's in about 50 minutes. It felt good. After a nice cup of coffee, I headed back to Shelter Island. I fell into a really nice rhythm. Along the way a seal pop its head up an took a good look at me before diving back down. I guess he was saying thanks for grabing some floating trash along the way. There was a little head wind and the tide was rolling in. I held about the same time. The whole paddle felt very comfortable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home