San Diego Kayaker

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back on the water!

Well last Friday afternoon, I decided to leave work a bit early and hit the water. The elbow seems to have calmed down and I wanted to see how it would handle the stress of paddling. I dusted off my kayak and headed down to Bahia Point. I slipped into the water and felt a warm happy feeling as the water passed under my keel.

I headed south toward Mariner's Cove. The winds were light and the seas calm. I decided to head out the channel just to see how I was doing. I paddling slow than I normal do, and watching my mechanics very closely. I also took a few more breaks, just to be safe. The seas were very calm as I pointed my bow toward the buoy at the end of the channel. After 'talking' with the seals resting on the buoy, I was tempted to head down and around the O.B. pier, but thought I would rather play it safe.

Unfortunately, there was no swell, so the paddle back down the channel was without any assistance from King Neptune. Soon, I was landing on the sand at Bahia Point.

The elbow felt pretty good. I had a little soreness the next day, but by Sunday it seemed to be ok.

So, I'll see you on the water!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home