San Diego Kayaker

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Wednesday with Jake

With the Southwest Kayak Symposium fast approaching, I knew the Jake would be returning to San Diego to help Jen out. Since he was the founder of the Wednesday morning paddle, I knew that he would not miss a chance to paddle with the regulars. I opted to join them, I usually have a conflict that prevents me from paddling with them, but I skipped out on that commitment and join them at 7:00am. I grabbed a boat from the docks, so I did not have to hassle with hauling my boat from home and then to work.

Me in a virgin Wildness Systems boat.

Only 6 of us turned out; Jane, Greg, Mary, Roger and the guest of honor Jake. We head out the channel, we consider doing the Mission Bay portage loop. What's up with this portage need Jake? But the swells were up and thus ruled out a surf landing. So toward the OB pier we headed. The swells were up to about 5 feet. The surf was exploding against the beach and the nearby cliffs.

Out by the Mission Bay Channel Buoy

Some timed the swells and slipped under the pier. We returned back at the docks, and grab a quick coffee. It was great to spend some on the water time with Jake. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home