San Diego Kayaker

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

BCU warm up

I convinced Jane to skip the Night Herons and do a quick workout of some skills before our assessment on Saturday. I was focusing on High Braces, while Jane worked on reverse figure of eights. We shared some tips that Jeff had given each of us. I spotted an issue with Jane's Low Brace Turn. She wasn't giving her boat enough edge. Once she did that, her boat turned like a champ.

I stayed near shore and tried refining the High Brace. At this point it is was it is. I know I can do it in the surf, but I tend not to be in positions that need that recovery stroke. I hope it is good enough for the assessment.

I am finding myself pushing everything a little farther. My sculling brace was a bit more aggressive, more of my spray skirt is getting wet. During my reverse figure of wight, I got pretty far on edge that I had to toss in a low brace.

My right arm is a little sore from the bracing, but I will take it easy tomorrow on the water, then run through everything in my head a 1000 times.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home