San Diego Kayaker

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Bay To Bay Race Results

Bay to Bay Logo
I did my first kayak race, the YMCA Bay to Bay. I swore I would never race in my kayak, but it was for a good cause. It was a 5 mile course from Shelter Island to Tideland Park on Coronado. Basically the same route as the Night Herons (Which I am npw a hat wearing member!). High tide was about 10 minutes after our start time, so we would be fighting that during the race. We also a fair amount of wind from the south. Once the starting line cleared out, I decided to drop my rudder. It really helped on a day like this.

Held a good pace through most of the course. I finished 6th in my class out of 20(?). My time was 1:02. I was hoping for under an hour, but with the wind and tide, I'll take it. Greg won the race without a problem. No fair racing against him (and his kelvar Epic).

Anita and the twins came down to watch, but got there just after I finished. Anita was bummed. Next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home