San Diego Kayaker

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Night Harems

Quite the turn out last night. This heat wave in San Diego brought out a lot of us to seek some relief on the water. Teresa jokingly mentioned that since there were 5 women paddling tonight they should form a sub group named the Night Harems. Too funny.

Once I was able to launch, we raced along with the incoming tide. Launching was a bit troublesome. First, the entire beach was covered in sea grass. No one knew why. With the incoming tide, we had a little shore break, coupled with the steep beach, it made getting out bothersome. I was just about to launch, when a wave dumped right into my cockpit before I could attach my skirt. Frak! I exited and dumped most of the water on the beach, but this paddle was going to be sloshy.

It felt good to be back on the water. My arm felt fairly good, so that was good sign.

I brought my snack this time, since the store at Coranado had been closed the last few times. So of course this time, he was open. Oh, well. I enjoyed my Coke and Oatmeal Raisin cookie and paddled back with Jane and Teresa.

Mona picked a date for the annual BBQ. Yummy times ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home