San Diego Kayaker

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Bay to Bay Race Results

Well the annual Bay to Bay race was today. The race started at Shelter Island and runs along the north side of San Diego Bay, cross over near the Coranado Bay Bridge. The mens field had several familar faces, Jay Murdock, Bob Pekarek, Teresa Boli. (Jane had some excuse about just hiking in the Andes...)

This was to be one of my first tests of my elbow. The pace was pretty good. Jay had a nice start, while Bob and I traded positions for second and third. I had some trouble with my water pack, but kept my a nice steady pace.

After the turn at the end of Harbor Island, Bob was able to slip past me. We kept passing the tandem sit-on tops that launched 15 minutes before us. I tried to make a sprint to catch Bob, he had about 30 seconds on me at the last bouy, but I didn't want to hurt my elbow.



Jay took this of me crossing the finish line (Congrats to him is winning, all that paddling is paying off). All told I placed third. I wanted to break an hour, but the tides and my not paddling for a couple weeks, prevented that. I think my unoffical time was 1:03.

Teresa won the women's division, several other Night Herons did quite well. All and all it was a fun time. Until next year's race.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home