San Diego Kayaker

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Taking the Plunge

Aqua Adventures has a class at the Mission Beach Plunge. So I loaded up the kayak, slogged my way down I-5, ugh!. Got there a little late, oh well. Teresa was allready in the pool, along with several folks in white water boats learning to roll.

I tried to work on my bracing before brushing up my rolls. The low brace seems fine. The high brace need so much work. There is something missing. The sculling for support was ok, I was able to get partially over, but I can't seem to get to 90 degrees.

The rolls were ok. The normal paddle roll was still a bit weak. I completed about half of the ones I attempted. I think my hip flick timing is off. The extended paddle roll was fine.

Jane joined us a bit later and showed off her new roll in her small boat. Teresa also spent some time with a piece of 2x4 as a paddle. The Greenland paddle is such an interesting blade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home