San Diego Kayaker

Friday, August 11, 2006

Taking the Wife out...

And so it begins.....

I finally convinced my lovely bride to come out kayking with me. The Thursday social paddle at Aqua Adeventures was the perfect the choice. I headed down to the shop early to grab a tandem with a rudder. I knew that wanted to make sure that the kayak had one, so she would have a nicer experience paddling in a straight line ;). I grab a plastic Necky for us, and I opted to use a rental paddle, so I happened to use a nice Epic paddle. Gee, too bad for me.



Anita arrived about 5:30, after setting up the twins with a new sitter (Lisa from down the street). I got her set in the boat, lowered the boat into water, and helped her in. She was a bit neverous, but I eased her fears. Mike B. was the lead guide tonight, so I knew we would be good hands.



The paddle was the standard Penguin paddle. Anita did great! I tried to give her some pointers about rotating rather than arm paddling. I know her arms are going to be sore. We caught the end of the Sea World water show, then headed on toward the penguins. Anita was really enjoying it.



We then swung past the Barefoot Bar. The group did split up, so Mike had us led the group to the last bridge to wait and regroup. I think Anita was a little proud of me having a little role in this trip.

The best part was when Anita turned to me and asked me to make sure that I get a PFD and paddle for her when I rent one next week when my folks come down. WOW!



We finally returned to the docks and stored our borrowed gear and headed home. The twins did fine with Lisa, so that was great. All in all It was a wonderful evening! Can't wait to do this again with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home