San Diego Kayaker

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Surfing in a SOT

For Memorial Day, my family went to 20th street in Del Mar to meet up with several other families from the preschool that the twins attend. One family brought a tandem, SOT by Ocean Kayak, aka "The Costco Tank". I had a chance to take a couple of other dad's out,as well as just myself. I sure did miss my Chilco, that thing weighs a ton. My arms were like lead weights after paddling that thing. It was almost impossible to get any rotation, so it seemed all I could do was arm paddle. The surf was up, about 3-5 feet, so we did have some fun out there. It is hard to brace for two grown men, so we did get dumped a few times, but still caught a few rides. Tonight is my wedding anniversary, so I'll have to miss the Herons and the tales of the aborted Catalina crossing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home